Key Facts and School Information
We have achieved the high standards of excellence required by the Wisconsin Council of Religious & Independent Schools and are fully accredited by their board of directors.
Edgewood Campus School, Edgewood High School, and Edgewood College share the 55-acre Edgewood campus. Each school is separately incorporated with its own administration and board of trustees. The schools of Edgewood work collaboratively in areas of curriculum planning, facilities, community relations, development, work-study student placement, community service, and teacher continuing education.
All of our teachers are licensed by the state of Wisconsin, and many have earned earned advanced degrees. See our Staff Directory for information about our teachers.
Edgewood Campus School students attend classes in the Campus School building, the Edgedome, the Sonderegger Science Center, and in Edgewood High School. We hold liturgies at the college chapel.
Your child’s safety is a priority for us. We have the following security measures in place:
- The five entrance doors to the Campus School building are security locked with electronic card access. Cameras and a double-buzzer system are mounted on the main entrance to identify visitors and allow them to enter the school. The activity at this door is recorded.
- Seventeen cameras monitor and record the entrances and common areas of the school. A computer monitor in the office provides views of these areas throughout the day. Doors to Edgewood High School also have security locks with electronic card access.
- All ECS faculty and staff wear ID tags. We require all visitors to sign in at the school office and receive a badge that identifies them as authorized to be in the school building.
- Security is an important part of the collaboration with Edgewood College and Edgewood High School. There are blue emergency phones in various outdoor locations on the Edgewood campus. College security officers, the Campus Activity Center personnel, and Edgewood High School staff monitor activity on sixty cameras strategically placed on the campus. Edgewood College security staff members check the Campus School doors and windows during their evening rounds.
- A written safety plan is in place at Edgewood Campus School. We conduct regular drills to practice procedures in the event of fire, lockdown, or other emergencies. We contact parents via voice mail notification messages on home and cell phones in the event of a school closing.
- All faculty, staff, parents, college students, and volunteers must have background checks and take VIRTUS Training, "Protecting God's Children" before working with students.