Choose Edgewood Campus School
We respect the dignity of God’s children and believe all children have a right to a quality education. In addition to the pursuit of academic excellence, an Edgewood education will begin to prepare children to live and work with others and to view all people with respect.
Advantages of an Edgewood Education
Our students enjoy many advantages by attending Edgewood Campus School. We proudly offer:
- Small class sizes allowing a connection to each student;
- A mix of traditional and innovative teaching methods including differentiated instruction throughout core subjects and the use of various types of assessments to ensure each student excels;
- A team teaching model, providing collaboration and integration of subject, time flexibility, and a balance in homework and testing schedules;
- A strong foundation in writing skills using the “Six Traits of Writing” and the five-paragraph essay format in our English and social studies courses. Our teachers hold one-on-one writing conferences to coach the students. Public speaking experiences are provided through speech and debate units;
- A science curriculum that exceeds state and national standards using FOSS (Full Option Science System) and SEPUP (Science Education for Public Understanding Program) inquiry-based curricula. Our students experience a practical amount of hands-on, lab-type activities;
- Math acceleration for those who are prepared for advancement. We provide several different math levels including integration into high school math classes;
- Special subjects including art, music, technology, physical education, library, and Spanish courses;
- A variety of co-curricular activities including no-cut athletic teams for both boys and girls, student council, band, choir, Science Olympiad, and more;
- An after school care program available to children in grades K4 through eight.
Students at all grade levels experience an education deeply rooted in faith. Central to this are the five Sinsinawa Dominican values of truth, compassion, justice, community, and partnership. Our standards include age appropriate study and activities in sacred scripture, Bible study, doctrine, prayer and spirituality, saints, customs, Church history, the role of the laity, sisters and ordained leadership, sacraments, stewardship, and the importance of prayer.
As the students mature in age and spirituality, it becomes requisite to give back to their school and community through service hours.
Edgewood Campus School, a private Catholic school for students in 4K, 5K, and grades 1 through 8, admits students of any gender, race, religion, color, and national/ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate based on gender, race, religion, color, or national/ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial-aid programs, athletics, or other school-administered programs.